Today in the Sunday School: Today is the First Sunday of Advent and the liturgical color is purple.
Christian Formation thrives on the volunteer support of our Board, teachers, assistants and nursery care workers. We provide Christian education and nurture with your help.
There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. The nations of the earth will be in terrible pain. They will be puzzled by the roaring and tossing of the sea. Terror will make people faint. They will be worried about what is happening in the world. The sun, moon and stars will be shaken from their places. At that time people will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud. He will come with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand up. Hold you head up with joy and hope… Luke 21:25-36. NIrV Early Readers.
The church nursery opens at 9:45 AM to care for children (infants through age 2) during the 10:00AM worship service. Nursery coordinators are on hand to greet parents and explain the procedure for checking in and picking up your child.
- Students, Teachers and Assistants meet in the sanctuary for the Children’s Message
- Worship continues in Shaw Capel to worship and prepare for our Christmas Pageant December 12th.
- Preschool, K and grades 1&2 are learning about Mary and Joseph’s visits from the angel and Advent.
- Grades 3&4, 5&6 are learning about the Christmas Story.
- MAD Make a Difference teens are preparing their Pageant Skit.
SUNDAY SCHOOL DATES
- Confirmands and Mentors are meeting weekly to complete The Interview. A written Reflection of The Interview and presentation of Mentors and Confirmands due January 9th.
- Confirmation Class Dec. 5th is a Mentors Lunch with Mentors providing the lunch. Pat Harris is teaching on the Birth of Jesus.
- First Church Christmas Pageant is December 12th during our 10:00 Service.
FIRST CHURCH CHRISTMAS PAGEANT
All of our children participate in the telling of The Shepherd’s Story written by Pat Harris and revised by Steve Blunt and LeeAnne Steenhoek in 2021. All God’s children have a place in this choir and The Greatest Story ever told. All voices will raise together in song.
- Director: Steve Blunt
- Musical Director: Rebecca Crivello
- Costume Director: Karen Hayden
SUNDAY SCHOOL DISMISSAL
Sunday school is dismissed at 11:15 AM. Parents, please enjoy a cup of coffee and some fellowship in Fellowship Hall and allow the teachers to finish their lessons. Thank you!
LABYRINTH Tuesday December 21 with Rev. Jami and LeeAnne Steenhoek in Fellowship Hall from 3:00-5:00PM. Save the date and join us in faith and fellowship to restore, renew and await the light of Christ. Emmanuel- God with us.
In recent years, the labyrinth has re-emerged as a Christian spiritual tool. Unlike a maze, which is a form of puzzle with trick turns and dead ends, the labyrinth has a single path that leads one into the center and back out again. There is no need to worry about figuring out what turns to take. One just follows the path.
Modern “pilgrims” walk the labyrinth as one of many tools to enhance prayer, contemplation, meditation, and/or personal growth